Over 600 attendees crammed into the Clarion Hotel Royal last Thursday to hear how Oslo is now firmly established as a hub of fintech innovation. Encap Security, established in Oslo nearly ten years ago, was one of the first on the scene and it was fantastic to see so many new companies and new approaches to funding and growth at the Tech Live Financial Disruption event.
We were even happier when we were announced as winners of the event’s big award: The Norwegian Fintech Award 2016.
The judges for the award were looking for a winner they saw as outstanding when it came to innovation, achievement, global potential, media coverage – and the leadership team to make the company a major player.
The award is a testament to the momentum we continue to build, 2015 a landmark year. The judges highlighted the following as winning factors:
- Encap’s international customer base, including acquiring Mydesq
- Goode Intelligence, authentication experts, rating Encap’s Smarter Authentication platform as “Highly Commended”
- The announcement of our new advisory board, loaded with financial expertise, and a new funding round to help us grow
- Encap was regular quoted by the press for our views on authentication, in publications such as SC Magazine, the Huffington Post and the Financial Times
- The innovation behind Smarter Authentication 3.0, our latest platform update, which extended support to all devices, channels and authentication methods
We hope the Tech Live Financial Disruption event becomes a regular fixture in Oslo’s tech calendar. With the Fintech Forest of Norwegian start-ups heading to Money 2020 in April, Norway is only going to build on its growing reputation as a hub for fintech innovation.